CNA SKILLS LISTING
1. Knock, address client by name, introduce self to client
2. Turns on water
3. Wets hands and wrists
4. Applies soap
5. LATHERS ALL SURFACES OF WRISTS, HANDS AND FINGERS, PRODUCING FRICTION FOR AT LEAST 15 SECONDS.
6. Cleans fingernails by rubbing fingertips agains palms
7. After lathering for 15 seconds, rinses all surfaces of wrists, hands, and fingers keeping hands lower than elbows, and fingertips down
8. Uses clean paper towel to dry all surfaces of hands and dispose of paper towel into waste container.
9. Uses clean paper towel to turn off faucet, then disposes of paper towel into waste container.
10. Do not touch inside of sink at any time.
Applies One Knee- High Elastic Stocking
1. Knock, explain procedure
2. Provide privacy
3. Make sure client is laying down in bed while stocking is applied.
4. Turns stocking inside out
5. Places foot of stocking over toes, foot, and heel
6. Pulls top of stocking over foot, heel, leg
7. Moves foot and leg gently and naturally, avoiding force and over- extension of lim and joints
8. FINISHES PROCEDURE WITH NO TWISTS OR WRINKLES AND HEEL OF STOCKING IS OVER HEEL AND OPENING IN TOE AREA IS EITHER OVER OR UNDER TOE AREA.
9. Signaling devices is within reach and bed is in lowest position
10. Washes hands