Chapter 27 The Reproductive System Lab questions, True / False questions
Using Figure 27.1, match the following:
1) Stem cell.
2) First cells with n number of chromosomes.
3) Type B spermatogonia.
4) Early spermatids.
5) Primary spermatocyte.
1. Answer: A
2. Answer: D
3. Answer: B
4. Answer: E
5. Answer: C
Using Figure 27.2, match the following:
7) location of mitochondria.
9) location of nucleus.
10) Area of compacted DNA.
6. Answer: B
7. Answer: A
8. Answer: A
9. Answer: C
10. Answer: C
11. Answer: D
Using Figure 27.3, match the following:
12) The stage called ovulation.
13) Vesicular (Graafian) follicle.
14) Primary follicles.
15) Primordial follicle.
16) Corpus luteum.
17) Mature follicle.
12. Answer: E
13. Answer: C
14. Answer: B
15. Answer: A
16. Answer: D
17. Answer: C
1) It is necessary for the testes to be kept below body temperature.
2) The prostate atrophies as a man ages, and it usually causes no health problems.
3) The hormone oxytocin combines with enzymes in semen to enhance sperm motility.
4) When a couple is having difficulty conceiving a child, it is
necessary to investigate the sperm
of the male.
5) The amount of testosterone and sperm produced by the testes is
dependent on the influence of
6) Ovarian follicles contain mature eggs.
7) Sexually transmitted infections are the most important cause of reproductive disorders.
8) Reproduction is not possible in males or females until one year after puberty has begun.
9) The smaller cell produced by oogenesis meiosis I, called the first
polar body, is essentially a
packet of discarded nuclear material.
10) Pain during ovulation is called dysmenorrhea.
11) A human egg or sperm contains 23 pairs of chromosomes.
12) The Pap smear is a test to detect cancerous changes in cells of the cervix.
13) The adenohypophyseal hormone that triggers ovulation is estrogen.
14) The male urethra serves the urinary system only.
15) Both tetrads and crossovers are seen during meiosis.
16) Failure to attain erection is called impotence.
17) Ovulation occurs near the end of the ovarian cycle.
18) The corpus luteum secretes progesterone only.
19) Female orgasm is required for conception.
20) The first sign of puberty in females is budding breasts.
21) The primary function of the testes is to produce testosterone.
22) The stage in meiosis where chromosomal exchange takes place is telophase.
23) The diamond-shaped area between the coccyx, pubic arch, and
ischial tuberosities in the
female is the vulva.
24) The soft mucosal lining of the uterus is the endometrium.
25) A scrotal muscle that contracts in response to cold environmental
temperature is the
26) The secretions of the bulbourethral glands neutralize traces of
acidic urine in the urethra and
serve as a lubricant during sexual intercourse.
27) The zona pellucida is formed as the follicle becomes a secondary follicle.
28) The molecule that enhances the ability of testosterone to promote spermatogenesis is inhibin.
If you have any questions or notice any mistakes,
Please message me. I will try to reply within 48 hours.
Thank you for taking the time to view my notecards!
Good luck in your studies!