1) The dartos and cremaster muscles are important to the integrity of
the male reproductive
system. Which of the following is true about the role they play?
A) They contract to push sperm along the ductus deferens.
B) They regulate the temperature of the testes.
C) They are responsible for penile erection.
D) They contract to allow ejaculation.
2) The ability of sperm cells to move along the ductus deferens is
due to ________.
B) peristaltic contractions
C) enzymatic activity
D) hormonal action
3) The ability of a male to ejaculate is due to the action of ________.
4) The most important risk for testicular cancer in young males is ________.
7) Development of male reproductive structures depends on which of the following events?
8) The primary function of the uterus is to ________.
9) Why is the bloodtestis
10) The structures that receive the ovulated oocyte, providing a site
for fertilization, are
called the ________.
11) If gametes were diploid like somatic cells, how many chromosomes
would the zygote
13) The constancy of the chromosome number from one cell generation
to the next is
maintained through ________.
15) Spermiogenesis involves the ________.
16) All of the following can be considered male secondary sex
characteristics except the
17) In humans, separation of the cells at the twocell
state following fertilization may lead to
the production of twins, which in this case would be ________.
18) Characteristics of the mature sperm include the ________.
19) How do the testes respond to exposure to excessive body warmth?
21) Secretion of progesterone stimulates ________.
22) Which of the following statements about sperm is not true?
24) The testicular cells that construct the bloodtestis
barrier are the ________.
25) Which of the following occurs as a result of undescended testes?
28) Which of the choices below is not a function of the vagina?
29) Select the correct statement about male sexual response.
30) Which of the choices below is not a function of testosterone?
32) During the secretory phase of the menstrual cycle ________.
33) Select the correct statement about the uterine cycle.
35) Which of the following statements is true concerning the mammary
glands of both males
36) Normally menstruation occurs when ________.
37) The basic difference between spermatogenesis and oogenesis is that ________.
38) Occasionally three polar bodies are found clinging to the mature
ovum. One came from
an unequal division of the ovum, but from where did the other two arise?
39) Which of the following will occur after ovulation?
40) Why doesn’t semen enter the urinary bladder during ejaculation?
44) Select the correct statement about testosterone control.
45) Which of the following is a correct statement about uterine tubes?
46) Select the correct statement about the hormonal events of the ovarian cycle.
47) Which of these statements about sexually transmitted infections
48) Which of the following statements about spermatogenesis is not true?
49) A boy who has not passed through puberty sustains an injury to
his anterior pituitary
such that FSH is no longer released, but LH is normal. After he grows to maturity, one
would expect that he would ________.
50) Which of the following statements about the female reproductive process is not true?
51) A low secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) in the normal male
adult would cause
52) All of the following statements referring to the uterine cycle are true except ________.
3) Which of the following phases or processes in the monthly
reproductive cycle of the
female occur simultaneously?
54) The duct system of the male reproductive system does not include the ________.
55) An ovulating oocyte is actually activated by hormones about
________ days before